Albeo Theme exclusively on WordPress.com

I made this theme specifically for WordPress.com users. You can find more details about this theme on the release post on the WordPress blog located here.

Albeo Theme  WordPress Theme

Please let me know your thoughts about our latest theme in the comments below.  Thanks!

128 Responses to “Albeo Theme exclusively on WordPress.com”

1. Raul S. says:

Is the best theme of WordPress.com, congratulations! But doesn’t have to WordPress.org? :(

2. Gis says:

Oooh dear, amazing!! Thanks to you now there’s gonna be way more prettier blogs in wordpress!! hehe :D

3. Julia says:

I absolutely love it. It has the aesthetic I’ve been looking for!

4. Rebecca says:

SWEEEEEET!
    colourful, i like it!
    using it NOW :D

5. Suffian says:

Props. It’s quite fresh and very easy on the eyes. Do you have plans for other color palettes?

6. Jaroslaw Zielinski says:

Nice theme… can you also make it avaiable in Polish language? I can help with translation…

7. Francisco says:

Wow, where you get so much inspiration?! Other beautiful design, congratulations!

8. Joel says:

Wow, you have a great blog. The template is so awesome! I’ll be visiting next time’¦

Blackened Fish Recipe

9. Karen says:

I love the theme, however, the text does not render over well. If you have text in a blockquote, it does not recognize paragraphs or full sentences.

Here is an example.

Please tell me what I should do.

10. But doesn’t have to WordPress.org? :(

The theme is publically available along with all the other wordpress.com themes via svn. So it’s not really exclusive to wordpress.com; it’s also available to geeks who can use svn, not to mention any really dedicated person willing to download each file individually.

@Karen: this is due to the way the CSS is coded, so unless you already have the CSS upgrade the only way to change it is to contact Automattic.

11. Iphone Focus says:

Cool idea. I happen to think it’s one of the best out there, but maybe that’s just me. Thanks for your interesting ideas

12. JC says:

Love your theme’s, I came here because of your new WordPress theme now in use on my daily wordpress blog, love to download another theme here for my other websites.

;-)

13. Oki Helfiska says:

How to me add embed video to post or add widget not function ?

14. Karen says:

Oh dear, I didn’t know you had to have a CSS paid account for this gorgeous layout. Ah, it’s going to be hard to separate from it.

Thanks.

15. celery says:

I love this theme and has used it for my blog. One thing I wish I can change is the font and colour of the title of the blog. The font colour is black..

But.. whatever it is I love all your designs!!! they’re are contagious.. BEAUTIFUL! well done :)

16. Doraemon says:

The theme is nice. Especially the colors. But I don’t feel quite comfortable with the font.

Overall it looks fine. Thanks

17. Sheila says:

I love this design.Thanks

BTW, I would love to use the dilectio theme for my wordpress theme.How do I go about it?Can teach me? Thanks =)

18. basel says:

it is a very beutifull websit

19. Dilip says:

Its really a cool one… i used it in my Blog……

20. Emma says:

I will remember you when it’s time for me to change the layout for my site http://www.vildawebben.com :O)

21. reinaq says:

its cery cute ilike ot

22. trance says:

@ that girl again

the theme is made for wordpress.com so if you download it from svn you must modify some code to make it work.

23. Pin says:

Not just beautiful design, but the great understanding making the theme work with WordPress structure.

24. ruth triana says:

it’s very great..luv your design..so so so beautifull..

25. Zahra says:

its available on wordpress theme now?
    how we can get it?

26. hardy says:

when we can download it?

27. Hisham says:

very good design!

28. Karin says:

Love this design so much… I already use Illacrimo for another personal project – self-hosted and not at WordPress – and I would love to use Albeo too!

I have downloaded the Albeo files from the SVN link.

You write “you must modify some code to make it work.” Which code and how? I would love to know, but I am not a programmer!

29. Haibra says:

Cool , but i want to download it, i found it here > http://svn.automattic.com/wpcom-themes/albeo/ .. but how i can download it !!

30. Jose Thomas says:

Wow.. Beautiful… I likes this design

31. Freak says:

from where we can download this theme????????

32. Jay says:

This theme is very customizable via CSS; thank you for all the semantic ids and classes.

One request: could you add a body class for the types of content, i.e., posts, pages, categories, archives, etc.?

That would allow us to style the category lists differently, since the text is truncated …

33. Great theme! It’s really great to see pro themes being released!

34. zihuahua says:

Thank you for your design (it’s the best one by far) – I am using it for my wordpress blog! :-)

35. Jez says:

Hi,

Your insense download link is broken… just thought Id let you know.

Nice designs :-)

36. DD fan says:

I’ve seen your themes before and they totally rock. I was so happy to see Albeo! But please, pretty please… It’d be so much nicer is the archive view could show the whole posts and not just snippets with [...] in the end. I mean, readers just won’t click on every single day if they want to read all the posts they missed, you know? It’s so much easier to be able to view everything at once. If anyone wants to read the archives for a whole month, no one is going to go through 30 clicks for each day. :( And the fact that the pictures are not viewable in the snipped archive pages isn’t so nice either. :( Those are the reasons why I went back to my old theme… :( So sad, though, because Albeo sure wins for beauty.

37. Ralph says:

As a newbie I explored all 60 WordPress themes and Albeo is by far the best one for color and layout and cheerfulnes. Red is my favorite so the titles stand out

38. Ralph says:

what is are trackbacks/pings?

39. chaiguy1337 says:

Hi there. I think your Albeo theme is beautiful and am using it for my computer science blog, piHole.

My one complaint/request is that the “Top/Latest/Tags” widget be customizable so that we can pick the initially-selected pane. I love the Recent Comments look as it gives the blog a more chatty/interactive feel and want that to always show up first instead of Top Posts!

40. Seajay says:

Is there any way to style types of pages? For example, I’d like to style the main content on the category and tag pages in a way that is different from the home or permalink pages, but I see no body classes to allow me to do so.

41. Hari Nair says:

Well, it kind of jumped up and caught me from the Themes selection page. And that does not happen often. Very nice.

One comment – about Comments, actually. Would be nice if there is some way of getting a Comments link at the bottom of the post. Seems to give a more natural flow to it that way. minor quibble though.

42. YNa says:

the colour is so soft, so beautiful :)

43. ehtsham says:

very nice theme, its just perfect for me, but i want to use it for wordpress.org blog, i downloaded the files from the svn to my local machine and run it through localhost but it gives following error, i am not php guy so please help how i can fix this

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_header() in C:\xampp\htdocs\albeo\index.php on line 1

44. ehtsham says:

ohh sorry i just fixed that issue i was putting it on root need to put it in theme folder, but now another issue comes in, here is the error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function post_class() in /–t/—/—-/—-/—-/—–/wp-content/themes/albeo/index.php on line 6

dont know what to do pleaseeee help

45. The WP.org theme is here: http://vixpta.deviantart.com/ in Portuguese…

46. Parantar says:

ohh wow!!! this is so beautiful theme!!! i wanna download it

47. Vram says:

すごいなあ!本当に美しいね。。。
    (Amazing! Its really beautiful…)

i really loved this design… wow… keep it up, you are really an artist!
    haha..i’m just new at blogging… uguu~~ T_T i guess i can never ever catch up to you guys… sadly, my blog sucks..
    but yeah..thanks to you..i think i’ve become inspired just by looking at your masterpieces.. thanks really! ^_^
    -vram-

48. dev says:

wordpress.org or self host can use this theme?
    and where can i download it?

thank

49. Mocha Fudge says:

Yeah.. I saw and tried this theme on WordPress but I still do hope to have it on Self WordPress Hosted sites