Celebrific – Gossip City – WordPress Theme Release

Yes we did it after the so many requests.

The Gossip City theme is ready for download.

Enjoy.

@Celebrific

Gossip City is a theme for WordPress created by Design Disease. The theme was created based on what people would want to see from a gossip blog.

GossipCity WordPress Theme

Theme
Once you’ve downloaded the theme and extracted the files, upload the folder to your wp-content/themes/ directory. Next, go to the ‘˜Presentation’ area in your WordPress administration panel and activate the theme.

Plugins
I’ve included the following plugins with the theme (in the plugins folder):

1. flickrrss
  2. wp_gravatar

Just upload everything in the plugins folder to your wp-content/plugins/ folder and activate the plugins from the ‘˜Plugins’ page in your administration panel. The plugins are customised to match Gossip City theme.

Logo
By default, the theme displays your Web site’s title and description in the header. If you want to replace that with your logo, it’s easy to do. If you look at the Logo Instructions.txt you will see how easy it is to change the logo. PSD Source for the logo is also included.

License
This theme, like all themes released by Bloggy Network are released under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. Please keep the credit and the links from the footer.

The theme is Widget Ready.

Enjoy.

Last Update:  February 03 2009

104 Responses to “Celebrific – Gossip City – WordPress Theme Release”

1. Roman says:

Many thanks ! Your themes are the best – I like it !

2. Roman says:

Some problems:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wp_pagenavi() (previously declared in /home/www/ef9e/web/blog/wp-content/plugins/pagenavi.php:31) in /home/www/ef9e/web/blog/wp-content/themes/gossipcity/functions.php on line 114

3. James Vincent Elena says:

Deactivate WP-PageNavi from the plugins directory and it will work.

4. Roman says:

Thanks Elena. Is it possible to get all PSD-Files ?

5. James Vincent Elena says:

I think the free theme is enough.

6. Roman says:

What about Widget Support ?

7. Ben says:

Just download the Automatic Widget.

You can install it then tweak the code a little. Instructions are pretty easy.

8. Acika says:

Thanks :)

9. Jorge Andres says:

Yuuuuppi!!! Thanks a lot!!!

;)

10. Roman says:

Elena, can you send me the PSD of the header pic ? I would like to remove the stars. Thanks you very much.

11. James Vincent Elena says:

Remove this line <div class=’Stars’></div> from the header.php and you it will vanish.

12. Roman says:

Please help to format the css for the flickr bar !

13. Jorge Andres says:

Well, after working a little bit with the theme, I must say this: Thanks a lot! It’s a wonderfull theme, and very easy to work with. Therefore, i invite you to visit my website: http://www.chismologia.com

And again, thanks!

14. inga says:

Hi Elena!
    I really really love this layout. Thank you sooooooo much for releasing it. Please release tons more! :-)

I’ve noticed a few kinks on the layout though, but it’s weird because certain kinks only show up in certain browsers on certain computers. :( Check out my site and see if you can see any on YOUR end. Hopefully, you’ll reply back and let me know. I’m not savvy with this layout stuff, so I’m unable to break down what I see wrong on MY end. I AM noticing though, that the page navigation isn’t showing on my end. It only shows if I click on a category. It doesn’t show when I click on ‘archives’ either. :( BUT…on my internet explorer browser at HOME, it shows up. Weird. (I’m on IE at work right now, and see errors in my footer section as well).

Once again, thanks for releasing this layout! It’s so cute!

15. Mauro says:

hmmm…. Gravatar it’s not working for me!
    do not show avatars here!!!
    maybe my mistake doing something!

Ohhh … and thanks a lot for this exelent theme Elena :-)

16. MadSufi says:

Thanks for releasing this, I’m using it for MadSufi.com.

17. Anto says:

Are you making anymore themes ?

18. ven says:

How do i install the files in the zipped file? It contains a lot of files. how do i actually make full use of it. Thanks

19. Bastie says:

Could you please publish the Gossip City v1 Theme too?? Please I like it more than v2.

20. quiero rediseñar mi blog http://www.patatu.blogspot.com respondanme en español.

21. azah says:

Nice skin. Many thanks

22. Simon says:

nice theme, one question: is it compatible with wordpress 2.3 (tag support) ?

23. The Funny Man says:

Very nice article, thanks.

24. I’ve made a variation on this nice theme.
    I called it “farewell baloons”..
    I hope you like it :D
    Thanks Design Disease!!!

25. Alex says:

Hello, I love this theme and am using it on my blog but am having a problem.

At least once a day the theme will automatically revert back to the default wordpress theme.

This appears to be a well documented issue, and happens with many themes, but no one seems to know a fix for it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am using WP 2.2.3 and have tried the obvious; renaming the theme folder to default, deleting all the other themes etc.

26. silgitsin says:

it is fantastic wordpress theme for us..thanks for the theme..but ı want to ask one question..when ı opened my site in firefox,ı don’t have any problem. however,when ı opened my site in i.explorer the second column looks lower then normal and it looks on the right bottom of site..
    how can solve this prensentation problem..ecept this..it is the best theme ı have ever seen..

thanks

27. James Vincent Elena says:

@Francisco Carle
    Nice job with that theme.

@Alex
    You aren’t the first user that tell me that. I don’t know what is the solution for this.

@silgitsin
    I got your mail and also read your message. I think a widget is larger than the width of that sidebar. Remove widgets one by one to see what is the wrong one.

28. James Vincent Elena says:

@ 25 | Simon
    Not yet.

29. Idetrorce says:

very interesting, but I don’t agree with you
    Idetrorce

30. lukas says:

hi elena,

thanks for this amazing theme.

however, i am experiencing troubles with the flickr integration. seems that the css doesnt work out..do you have any notion of why the flickrrss isnt shown properly?

hers the link: http://www.granskagora.at/wordpress/

bye thanks lukas

31. Kyron says:

Elena,

I love your design! It’s exactly what I’ve been looking for! I have a couple of issues that I’m hoping you can assist with.

1. for some reason whenever I make a change to widgets or style.css (font size, color) I actually have to load a different theme and then reload the Gossip City 2 theme to get them to take effect….any ideas as to why that would be?

2. When I made the changes to style css it made all the appropriate changes to the posting page but didn’t make any difference on the about page at my site http://thespecialparent.com.

I would appreciate any input you or anyone else may have. I am not at all proficient in css or php so I may be missing something obvious.

Thanking you
    Kyron
    TheSpecialParent.com

32. deejay says:

can i import this theme to blogger?

33. chazzuka says:

Excellent, I used this theme in my blog http://www.chazzuka.com/blog/ with minor adjustment, 2 thumbs up!

34. mindtoss says:

Amazing theme! So well organized and easy to modify.

Seems I’m experiencing the same problem as lukas with regard to the flickr photos in the top right corner. My flickr photos are showing up fine, however, the css doesn’t seem to work. In addition the flickr photos are also larger than the demo site.

Could this have something to do with Flickr RSS? I’m completely frustrated on this one. Any ideas?

Check out my blog here:

35. Angie says:

Decent looking theme.

36. bö says:

would be very cool, if your other themes would supoort widgets too! :-)

37. Aeris says:

I would like to know if it’s compatible with WordPress 2.5 o with WordPress Stats , because i’m having problems with my statics, they don’t work since i’ve put this theme in my blog.

Sorry foy my bad english :)

38. Hello, Elena again thank you for this nice theme ,i used smashingtheme theme befor and it was nice, but this one is amazing , can i aske you please how can i make a fixed widget which will be above left & right side-bar like the flickrrss ? and to put Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS) in that widget, because i want to have more space for a new pages and also because i want to use my own rss image . please if u can help me with this . Thanks

39. Aeris i’m not sure if it’s compatible with WordPress 2.5 but i can tell you i’m using it right now on WordPress 2.5.1 with 1 problem , in Dashboard the Other WordPress News widget is not showing ? only showing loading status !

Elena i hope u read my msg , i’m waiting your replay

Thank you.

40. hi, i loved this theme and I´m tried to use it, but in IE is doesn´t possible to post a comment because this line “onmouseover=”javascript:changeSty(‘SubmitCommentIE’);”” call a funtion changeSty, but the imghover.js doesn´t gone with the theme´s file zip. don´t exist a folder javascript in the package availabe to download.
    can you send me this file?
    i thank u so much and congratulations for this pretty theme!
    and sorry for my poor english, i´m brazilian and i´m still studying!

41. oh, i fix the problem. i created a file with this function :
    function changeSty(classpassed){
    element=event.srcElement;
    //document.getElementById(‘buttonIMG’).className=classpassed;
    element.className=classpassed;
    }
    and now the comments in IE are working =)

42. Haobam says:

How do i show archive link in top menu?

43. Many thanks ! Your themes are the best – I like it !

44. koffiekitten says:

great theme! tnx for sharing…

45. Abhijit says:

Hi there..
    Greetings from India!

I am in a process of making a photo-essay blog.
    I upload images, but it is difficult to wrap text around it. I can’t keep text at a distance around the image (padding). I use flexible upload plugin to upload the images. I also upgraded the Wp to 2.6

See the test image at http://www.abhijitsplanet.com/chitrakatha/?page_id=2

Please guide me.
    Thanks.

46. irfan says:

i m using this theme, i installed a forum to my site, how can i delete this column 2 and 3 in this forum page, i want to do this forum full size.
    thanks :)