Compositio – WordPress Theme

We have finally done it! After a long time, we are releasing a brand new theme called Compositio. As some of you know, we name our themes based on Latin. Compositio is a two column theme, made to for those who want to put their content at the front with a unique light blue design. Random square shapes are the defining graphics of this theme. They are used throughout the background, bringing a special rhythm to the theme.

Compositio WordPress Theme

A special feature of this theme is the logo changer. ( Thanks to Munzir Rosdi). You can use the default WordPress setting (‘blog name’) or you can use your own logo. Upload your logo in the root folder of Compositio theme and name it logo.png. You can also use the PSD Logo Template in the source folder of Compositio Theme. (Image limitations: No more than 590px/85px).

If you want to activate this option go to: Administration Panel > Appearance > Logo Options, and select logo type.

The theme is widget ready so you can use it as you like. Also we customized the CSS for the default widgets to match the site style better.

The theme is using a few plugins, with some already integrated into functions.php, so there is no need to install them. The only plugin you need to install manually is FlickrRSS. (FlickrRSS plugin is in the theme folder) (see the demo).

Download Name:

• compositio-theme-files.zip

Must contain:

• compositio
  • logo-psd
  • plugins

Also I would like to mention that this theme is sponsored by our own new business, Premium Themes. If you don’t like Composito theme you can buy one from there. :D.

This work is licensed Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This means you may use it, and make any changes you like. Just leave the credits on footer if you respect the designer’s work. For Commercial use or credit removal please contact us.

271 responses to “Compositio – WordPress Theme”

1. 0cai says:

I’m a chinese college student,and i’m very like your themes!!

2. Hugh says:

After a long time looking it’s nice to arrive at a well thought out theme (which most of yours seem to be).

I’m interested in using, but have asmall issue with sub-pages – these just seem to be displayed as top level pages in the menu?

OK, this may not have drop-down menu built in, but should sub-pages show at all in this case? It’s the only fly in the ointment at the moment!

ps. How would you implement a drop-down menu system in this theme?

thanks
    Hugh

3. umbultech says:

Thanks for the great theme…I’m using the theme but I got the trouble for IE layout…(the sidebar move to anybody could help me

4. medyum cenap says:

I see that the theme comes with an avatar that we are supposed to replace, but what I am wondering is this. How do we set things up so that the commenter’s avatar shows when they post comments? It seems like the avatar-replace image will show for every comment and it hardly makes sense for my avatar to show on everyone’s posts.

5. umbultech says:

@ Brian Armstrong [http://www.startbreakingfree.com/about/] >>>Thanks for the tip for ie layout FIxed…i got it…

6. Michel says:

Thanks for this theme. ;-)

7. Amanda says:

Want to know how to edit copyright 2007…..

8. Des says:

Hey, great theme. Thanks for the share.

9. Medyum says:

Hey, great theme. Thanks for the share.

10. Alex says:

Great theme but i have one question… How do i change the Entries (RSS) Comments (RSS) frome the basic wordpress one to my feedburner one?

not sure what to do please help!

11. Autismus says:

i am form germany and at present im using joomla cms. in future i think i will change to wordpress, so your website is very usefull for me…thank you

12. Want to know how to edit copyright 2007’¦..

13. Angela says:

Andrew,

I love your theme.

I created (http://www.HausmanMarketResearch.org) and created 2 pages:

* About
    * Resume – Angela Hausman

I attempted to create the Resume page as a child of the About page using Worpress.

The page appears as a regular page, NOT a child.

I installed the exclude_pages plug-in and unchecked the checkbox – this removed the Resume tab from the tabbed header and it also removed it from the Pages widget listing.

I DO want the Resume child page to display in the pages widget as a child of the About page.

I DO NOT want the Resume page to display as a tab on the header.

Please help.

Angela

14. Angela says:

Anyone,

I wrote yesterday regarding a non-working or malfunctioning parent/child feature.

Has anyone else experienced this?

If you have and you were able to fix the problem, how did you fix it?

15. ipadfreak says:

how to remove sidebar in certain pages
    ive created forum and i want the page displayed in full width without the sidebar
    the problem is the dafault page.php does not contain any sidebar call…so editing/creating a new page.php just doesnt make sense at all

care to enlighten me?
    yes i know maybe my question will not be answered, at least i get some backlinks..

16. HooHu says:

Has anyone else experienced this?

If you have and you were able to fix the problem, how did you fix it?

17. Janet says:

I have spent 3 hours trying to figure out how to keep some pages from showing up on the nav bar. Please, please tell me wtf I’m doing wrong.

18. qq says:

why wordpress is nice website layout and so beautifull???? thats why i love it

19. bagio says:

nice guys… i like this

20. Thats a really nice clean and usable template design, very nice work.

21. Jeff says:

I’ve been using this template on my travel and food blog for almost two years now and I think its a great, clean theme.

Although its getting a bit outdated, I’m having troubles trying to make use of wordpress threaded and paged comments.

22. csssample says:

Excellent theme, Great

23. Alex Cooper says:

Love it!!! Thanks

24. medyum says:

thanks good work man

25. medyum says:

I knew it that this will NOT work with IE6. Everybody know about PNG 24 and IE. But you use it, so masked images in news dont work with IE6…. Medyum Niyazi Hoca

26. Valador says:

Thats a really nice clean and usable template design, very nice work.

27. Ovais says:

Its really an awesome template….however it seems that i have seen this template on someone else site also…anyways thanks for sharing with us on your blog…great work ..keep ti up…

28. Hi guys,
    Tanks for to give us your help with yours funtasts wordpress themes.
    I’m very happy and now I’m using one of your and… what I can sey is…. You´re very good.

29. Hello, soory for the question’¦ must be easy I know, but I can’t seem to solve it: how do I change the text on the sidebar with ‘“ ‘About this blog

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Quisque sed felis. Aliquam sit amet felis. Mauris semper, velit semper laoreet dictum, quam diam dictum urna, nec placerat elit nisl in quam. Etiam augue pede, molestie eget, rhoncus at, convallis ut, eros. Aliquam pharetra.
    ‘

Can you help me?

30. cheva says:

amazing theme…i very like it….

31. Compositio is a two column theme named in Latin..and helpful for those who want to put their content at the front with a unique light blue design. How much price is this?

32. I agree this theme is very good and has very good quality to see.It is very attractive and Nice theme. Only having a problem activating it, it doesn’t show up on the themes page in WP 2.8 beta 2. I’ve checked if all the needed files where there, and they where. I’ve checked the thing at the beginning of the style.css, but that shouldn’t be a problem either.

33. Michael says:

Is it possible to add the new WP 3 menu support to the Compositio theme? If so how would I do it?

34. I agree that it was a good site and better than other site.

35. Jahangir says:

Very nice theme. I just downloaded it and using on my new site :)

Thanks for the great theme.

36. great theme, big thanks!

37. MIke Kurns says:

Really beautiful theme.

38. xstreams says:

nice WordPress Theme,
    thnks you for post….
    i hope you always good…

39. anezz says:

Very Good, keren habis…jarang saya temukan.
    nice tema…

40. Belize city says:

Such an amazing theme. I still applaud you design disease for releasing these for free!

41. Nice theme, I think it will be really great on one of my personal blogs! Thank you!

42. Answers to few questions:

1. How to exclude sidebar from selected pages:

The sidebar is invoked in footer.php. Look for this line:

For example, to display sidebar only on posts and not pages, change the above to the following:

To not display it only on pages named ‘about’ and ‘contact’, do:

And so on.

2. To not display child pages in the nav bar, change the following line in header.php:

<?php $pages = wp_list_pages('sort_column=menu_order&title_li=&echo=0');

to:

<?php $pages = wp_list_pages('sort_column=menu_order&title_li=&echo=0&depth=1');

The 'depth=1' option will restrict the depth to only the first level, i.e. parent pages only.

3. Sidebar is invoked twice from 404.php. Please remove the

call from 404.php. It is already being called from footer.php.

43. Adam says:

Nice site. Make more post like this.

44. I love this blue design.
    @Adam: Totally agree. Cant get enough of thie disease. ;)

45. Jürgen says:

A great theme, thanks.

46. Ohad says:

Hi,

Great theme, thanks. I have 1 question:

How can I control the number of posts shown in the main page and the archive pages? for exmaple, I want to show ALL posts of a certain category in its page, and ALL posts from a specific month in the archive page. How can I do that?

Thanks!
    Ohad

47. haneef says:

great theme dude ,,,,,
    i love it.

48. peter McKay says:

love the compositio theme and have been using it for a few months. It’s very easy to use, and looks great. Is there a premium version with more control options? Thanks…

49. globalmarket says:

It is really a cool wordpress wheme.Simple and nature.I am going to use it as my blog template