Dilectio WordPress Theme

I made a new fresh wordpress theme for the readers of Smashing Magazine.

“Over the last year Elena, the creative mind behind Design Disease team, has designed a number of free WordPress themes, as the Smashing WordPress Theme we released as a present for our readers during our One-Year-Anniversary in September’07. Afterwards we’ve contacted Elena and asked if it’s possible to design another WordPress theme for our readers. Elena agreed.

After we’ve discussed the details of the design and the main aims we wanted to achieve, Elena started to do her magic. The result is a fresh, clean, user-friendly and playful WordPress theme ‘Dilectio’ ‘” a smashing Christmas present for Smashing Magazine readers.”

Dilectio WordPress Theme

Update 12.01.2007This theme is availble also in :

and also a version for Blogger (Thank you Francisco)

Update July 04, 2008

258 Responses to “Dilectio WordPress Theme”

1. max play says:

Your work is so influential! I love it, keep up the awesome work!

2. darlymar says:

ashley y zac no ase vuena pareja ok… yo lo digo eso ok zac con vina es con vanessa ok….??????????

3. Nice looking design! I’ll try using it on my page.

4. Dinflux Ed says:

Beautiful themes, this one, and the rest on the site. How optimized for search engines are these themes?

5. slackermommy says:

WordPress stats and the statcounter plugin is not working. Is this a bug or is there something I can do to rectify this?

6. Chris Denham says:

Hi there

Thanks for this great theme I’ve really enjoyed working with it.

Only problem I’ve come across is that when I click the page tab at the bottom to view posts that have moved off my home page (ie. posts later than the latest 10) I get a blank page with just the words ‘Edit this Item’ at the top… can you help!

thanks
    C

7. Mike Ndegwa says:

how do i edit the sponsered links. its advertising my competitors products on my blog.

I really need this before much harm is done

8. SEO/SEM blog says:

Hi,

I really like your theme and used it for some time now. Today i upgraded to the latest 2.6.1 WordPress version and i have a problem now. On every page on the right sidebar there is Meta (Login, Entries, Comments, WordPress) panel below “Links” section…but it also appears now 6 time below “Sponsors” panel. How to fix it?

URL: http://www.seoblogr.com

Thanks in advance,
    Pawel

9. Hello,
    Thanks a lot for your job, this theme is definitely wonderful. I want to use it for my site, but fell like the post titles are not “bold”. I tried to modify the ‘.PostHead h2′ class, but found no parameter for bold font …
    Could you help me solving this little issue ?
    Thanks a lot in advance.

10. SEO/SEM blog says:

@Mike Ndegwa to edit the sponsored listings go to Dahboard > Design > Theme Editor > Sidebar.php and find line. It begins the AdSense code which you may edit, delete or replace the google_ad_client to your AdSense client number to display your ads.

I am still waiting for some response about my problem with showing 6 times the Meta panel. How to fix this?

Thanks,
    Pawel

11. Mayur says:

LOL.. I was just going through this theme and playing around with the comments form because captcha was aligned below the post button.. and then i saw it. The innocuous little comment “// if you delete this the sky will fall on your head”…roflmao.. that has got to the funniest thing I have seen all day.. even funnier than watching news anchors comment on current politics.

Its indicative of a bug that perhaps took you ages to discover and when you finally found it, you added that cheeky little comment in..

Thanks for making my day

12. Rebecca says:

hi i downloaded the theme,
    but im not quite sure how to make it my theme on wordpress. Can you help? thanks!

13. SEO/SEM blog says:

@Rebecca Upload the theme to your WordPress theme directory on your server, login to your WordPress account and go to Dashboard > Design > and select the Dilectio as your theme.

Could anyone also answer to my question please? See above http://designdisease.com/blog/dilectio-wordpress-theme/#comment-2139

Thanks,
    Pawel

14. bello, l’ho personalizzato per BlogEngine.NET và da favola….

tnk’s

15. yanz says:

hi, i was wondering if you’d be able to help me. I’m currently using the beautiful Dilectio template as my blogger layout. But i’ve got one problem, all the words/text seems to wrap around the pictures. How to I get it to centralize and the words above and below only? If you visit my site, you’d understand what I mean.

Please help. I really would like to use this template.

16. SEO/SEM blog says:

@ yanz Read this comment for answers (http://designdisease.com/dd/blog/dilectio-wordpress-theme/#comment-1244) or:

“There is a default class for every image that is used in the posts. Remove this from css code.

/**/ * html .PostContent p img {} /* */
    .PostContent p img { max-width: 420px;}
    .PostContent p img { width:expression(this.width > 420 ? ’420px’ : this.width); }
    .PostContent img { margin: 0px 10px 10px 0px; float: left; border:solid 1px #495b6b;}

Can anybody answer my question???

Thanks,
    Pawel

17. Speener says:

Pawel – I have a sneaking suspicion that no one reads this blog for issues. My issue is with the formatting within blockquote tags being stripped out – so no lists or returns. I mentioned this in MARCH – still no response.

18. SEO/SEM blog says:

@Speener Wow, so i guess i shouldnt waste more time and hire someone to look into the theme code and do it that way. Kind of sucks.
    I was expecting a little more help from the creators. At least say you (the creators) dont deal with theme issues anymore so people will not ask and wait for ages.
    I still think its great theme thought.

19. SEO/SEM blog says:

Regarding my previous post: The authors replied to me immediately and offered their help when they get some time. Thanks for reading those posts after all.
    Regarding my issue: its embarrassing to say, but sth went wrong when i updated WordPress and i had 6 META widgets and thats why i sow 6 times “Login, Entries, Comments, WordPress” panel. I didnt checked it before and that was my issue. So terrible me.
    Ok, thx for this theme, i will continue to use it, its great :) and it works well again ;)

20. Clemence says:

God, I wished you made one for blogger sites! Anw, its a really really nice design! Love it!

21. dimko says:

Very beautiful and colorful design! thanks

22. Erik says:

@michellereno get a plugin!

23. NookieNotes says:

I am having the same issue as Tracy…

I absolutely love this template but I noticed a small glitch that happens when you click a category. (It happens on the demo as well.) If there is a link in the post it disappears if someone clicks one of the categories. In the demo I noticed it when you click uncategorized, second page, post titled ‘A post with links and 3 pages within’. But in general that happens to all my posts with links if a visiter just clicks any category that may have a link.

Any solutions for this? My blog is currently up on a test server at:

Love Rants Blog

24. Retroist says:

I played around with a search fix and came up with this…

Replace:

<form action="" method="post">

<input name="submit" type="image" class="search" title="Search" src="/images/ButtonTransparent.png" alt="Search" />

<form id="search" action="/">
    <input type="text" value="" name="s" class="keyword" />

Its a fast fix – works for me.

25. Retroist says:

Weird that last post didn’t allow me to post the code

Contact me for a fix if you need help.

26. OK – no matter what I do, Dilectio theme shows up just beautifully in Firefox – but looks just terrible in IE Explorer?

The image icon that displays the date of the post is pushed over towards the right in IE only – and covers up part of the posting headline and some of the other items like the author and category.

I’ve tried disabling all plug-ins, I’ve tried turning all all extra things on the sidebars – still can’t get it fixed? Does anyone have ANY idea or had this experience with it?

27. Oh – I might add – I did a fresh download and upload of the theme to see if THAT would fix it, but it did not. When I see the theme used by other folks – it’s working and displaying just fine.

Can something in an actual posting cause this to happen (see post above)?

28. OK – never mind. Managed to repair it all on my own. Had sometihing to do with a WordPress file that got corrupted. Nothing to do with the theme (or any other theme, for that matter!).

Thanks for a lovely template. It’s fantastic!

29. ufuruk says:

very nice theme,
    we are using it for our site http://www.ufuruk.com

30. Gökhan says:

We have a problem with theme and our extension for voting posts(postrating). Postrating extension works really well on firefox but it is not working both in ie6 and ie7. Another site that use the same wp version with a different theme works fine with the same postrating extension. Can you suggest us anything.
    Works: http://www.istekmuzik.net
    Not work: http://www.ufuruk.com

You can try both sites with different browsers(ie6,ie7 and firefox).

31. sandy says:

That’s great…….and simply superb

32. xmasgift says:

thanks for thats, how are you doing for this xmas? i took your reccomendation and purchased a
    distribute for my wife

33. irishblue says:

Hi I tried to switch to this theme, but upon doing so, I got this error:
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare mdv_recent_comments() (previously declared in /home/irishblu/public_html/iam/wp-content/plugins/recent-comments.php:11) in /home/irishblu/public_html/iam/wp-content/themes/dilectio/dilectio/functions.php on line 137
    now I can’t even access the admin area to switch back. any idea how to fix this? I’m using wp 2.6.2

34. Cynthia says:

i like this design alot , but i haven’t been on the computer in like years and i dont know how to get this theme on my blog

35. miao says:

So i do want text to be wrapped around the images, but I want to enable both left and right wraps. However, after deleting the img codes, texts only starts where the image ends and doesn’t wrap anymore (if that makes sense…) Can anyone please help?

36. Andre says:

Wonderful theme.
    I have a question. I want to remove the far right sidebar and keep only the left text area (where I post my articles) and the sidebar that contains the “About”.
    How can I remove the far right sidebar so I can increase the text area for my articles?
    If you see my blog, you will notice I was able to remove the far right sidebar, but I was not able to increase the writing area.
    I hope you can help me.
    Thanks.

37. Lisa says:

I love this theme and was wondering if you have html coding enabled in the comments?

38. Julie says:

I’m using this gorgeous theme on my daughter’s Journey through Leukemia site. I did change it to a two column version to focus on the content a bit more.

Problems:
    As mentioned in another comment, images are a bit odd at times. Example of a post with an image and no text Example of funkiness with an image used as a divider – this one also required an in-post border=none even though the CSS for img states that already.

Do you have any suggestions as to why this would be happening? I’m fairly fluent in CSS and WordPress but this one has me stumped.

Many thanks for sharing your excellent design and continued support of the theme.

39. createmo says:

I made on photoshop backgrounds for myspace,youtube and even more
    my backgrounds:http://tinyurl.com/6r7cav
    have a good day and thank you again!

40. Elvia says:

I get this error:
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare gravatar() (previously declared in D:\Inetpub\dollofwar\demo\wp-content\plugins\gravatar.php:15) in D:\Inetpub\dollofwar\demo\wp-content\themes\dilectio\dilectio\functions.php on line 146

41. tanya says:

Most definitely the nicest them for WordPress ever! I love it! Haven’t had any troubles I haven’t been able to figure out. All’s good….
    Is it possible to put the sidebars on the sides and post text in the middle?
    Thanks so much for an awesome theme for my blog! Its the only one that I tried that was nice looking and functional too. If I had 99$ I would buy one of your other premium themes that are gorgeous too!!

42. Marvin says:

Very Creative. For a beginner this theme gives me inspiration every time I look at my site. Thanks!

43. Heidi says:

Hi! Wonderful theme. I especially like the image that wraps around the flickr photos. However, that image isn’t included in the /images file. Or is it something I need to do with the code to make it appear on my blog?

44. Heidi says:

Sorted. I followed these instructions:

Go on Administration Panel > Settings > flickrRSS and you will see 2 inputs for HTML Wrapper.
    Place in the first box and close it in the second one

45. dilectiofan says:

I love this theme. Are you planning on making it WordPress 2.7 capable? In particular, having the threaded comments capability would be great!

46. minlawoo says: