Illacrimo WordPress Theme Release

#Source: LifeSpy

Update: And we are back with Illacrimo. Our intrepid designer just wasn’t happy enough with the way things looked, and had to go back and make it perfect.

I didn’t know that it wasn’t already, but then again, that’s why I am not a designer.

‘”

We have a great three column theme for you called Illacrimo. Created by Design Disease, and released here on LifeSpy. It is the third free theme that Bloggy Network has released. Illacrimo has a strong color set, that should appeal to many, and works well with the plugins we have included in the download file, or without.

InSense WordPress Theme

Supporting plugins like:

• FlickrRSS
  • Pagenavi

Make sure you put them in the right place and activate them if you want the full Illacrimo experience.

This theme, like all themes released by Bloggy Network are released under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.

Currently, you can check out a live version at Design Disease.

Note: We have released a Widget ready version of the popular Illacrimo theme which you can find on a new post here on LifeSpy.

Last Update:  February 02 2009

122 responses to “Illacrimo WordPress Theme Release”

1. Kirsten says:

Hi Elena!
    How do you add more tabs to this theme? Please help, thank you!

2. Dan says:

I want to change the gravatar picture size and don’t know how.
    I found a couple of lines in functions.php but nothing relevant.
    Can anyone help ?

3. andig says:

Excellent theme, but could use some enhanements:
    – highlighting of current page is non-standard and could simply be done by css, just add these lines:
    /*!!*/
    .Menu .current_page_item a { background: url(images/MLeft.png) no-repeat left bottom; color:#003399; }
    .Menu .current_page_item span { background: url(images/MRight.png) no-repeat right bottom; color:#003399; }

Also link display doesn’t work with my_links_order plugin, change sidebar.php like this to fix:

‘, ”, ”, FALSE, ‘id’, FALSE,
    FALSE, -1, FALSE); ?>

–>
    /i’, ”, $links);
    echo $links;

Thanks for the work- maybe the changes could be included in next release?
    Andi

4. Patrick D. says:

Is there a way to comments enabled for pages (as opposed to posts)? Thanks. The theme is gorgeous. Thanks for making it available.

5. CrispyPoppy says:

Amazing and beautiful theme! Please go to http://www.crispypoppy.fr, the theme is modified with other colors. My modified theme is downloadable in the footer as requested by Creative Commons. The theme is translated in french. Please tell me if everything is ok for you!

6. Spencer says:

I love your themes – I have one question: I’d like to add a “Older Posts” option at the end of the page. Or even links to other pages in the blog – such as how Dilectio has at the bottom. How can I do this? Thanks.

7. Rick says:

I’m having the same feed problem as Joe above. There’s a blank like at the top of my page that’s killing my feed validation. Other themes work fine. How do I remove that blank line?

Here’s the validation test:

8. Rick says:

I disabled all the plugins and tried the validation again, and I’m still getting the blank-line error on line 1. I hope to get this resolved because it would be a shame to have to switch to a different theme.

9. Rick says:

10. Timothy says:

I’m using this incredible theme on my blog an I want to thank you for the great work you did.

But I also have a little Problem. I want to change the size of the coloumns but I don’t know where I have to change the vaues.

The first one should be broadened 10-20%
    The second one should be broadened -10% and the third as well -5 to 10%

It would be great if you send me an mail ;)

11. Craig W says:

fantastic theme. i trawled the web for days looking for something suitably slick and professional, and fully expected to have to pay for one before i found this. glad i paid a visit here too as i’ve managed to sort out a couple of bugs – the old line 24 thing.

if anyone wants to see the theme in action visit http://www.distancelearnuk.co.uk.

i’m also a huge fan of smashing theme – again it is incredibly well put together and is great eye candy. have that running on another site – http://www.shopaholic-uk.co.uk – if anyone is interested in seeing that theme at work.

anyhow, great work and i look forward to seeing more of your work!

is there anywhere i can make a small donation as a way of thanks? you have after allsaved me having to pay out for a commercial theme.

12. Anthony says:

I’m confused. I’ve downloaded the theme, installed it and everything works fine. I have a problem with the Flickr images though. I’ve added my ID and the images are displayed but not the same way as per the demo version of the site. My images are all croped together, next to each other without any spacing between or mouse over effect. Where am i going wrong?

13. Found my problem. There was a blank line in the functions.php file between the first and second PHP brackets.

14. Joel says:

BUG REPORT!!!

Hi I downloaded the Dilectio Theme and found what I think are some bugs – – not sure where to post but here goes:

1. When selecting any other page than the HOME tab, the white box disappears – (shows up when hover) – on all selected pages other than the home page.

2. When the password protection is activated in a post, the design looks fine, but when the submit button is pressed it goes to: wp-pass.php but nothing appears. (Blank page)

3. If I click on the post’s link for a password protected page – the page layout is all messed up.

15. I hope you will release a 1 column version of this theme very soon.

16. This theme is really great but the error on viewing it using internet explorer will makes our reader think that our blog is still not complete.

17. I was suppose to use this theme but I’ve check it on IE, it has some problem on its sidebar. I prefer using bloggingpro by design disease on my other blog. I really like your themes. Its simple and elegant looking.

18. saran says:

Checkout this theme on my blog. It is a great theme. thanks !

19. Phys says:

one of the cool theme that i used..

20. SugarDaddy says:

Hi and thank you for this wonderful theme.
    I have a problem with it and WordPress 2.5.1.
    It broke the tinymce bar for visual editing of posts.
    When using another theme, it works…

If you have a solution… thanks in advance !

21. I used it.
    Great WP Themes.

22. ginny says:

hi there..i’d love to use this theme. Ive downloaded it..but have no clue as to how to get the html code from the php files.. plz help me!! plz!

23. ulrich says:

hi there,
    this theme has such a great design.
    can you tell me how I split the Link-section in the SRR-sidebar. (perhaps after categories)
    thanks, indeed.
    ulrich

24. chuck says:

Love Illacrimo. Left column with the Date “17 Aug” next to a post does not include a year. Would be nice to have the year. How could I get the year in there? I publish articles on local annual events, but now I can’t tell the difference between articles written in 06 or 07 or 08 or next year. I have a post about the Clallam County Fair, but it turns out that is last year’s agenda. It is confusing everyone.

25. Chad ONeal says:

I see there is an archive.php template. But when I go to add a new page there is no template option. How to I impliment this???

26. Thank you for the great theme. I am using it on my blog and am really happy with the design.

BTW there is some error in the Theme Functions (functions.php) file in the Recent Comments section. Gotta remove the entire coding to avoid the ‘headers already sent’ error message.

Cheers.

27. Guys, you have created a beautiful theme here but I have no idea how to upload it/use it for my blog. Can I upload it onto blogger? If not, where would you recommend?

Please help….sorry to be so useless!!

28. jaap says:

hey, this is a very nice theme for WP but the post area is to smal. Anybody chang the widths of the post area?
    thanks!

29. Tahier says:

Hi there…thanks for a awesome theme. Im an illustrator getting to grips with WP and using themes and trying my best at css, often with little luck :) i want to create a static background in Illacrimo WP theme. Where would i put the code? Help.

30. air jordans says:

Illacrimo WordPress Theme by Design Disease | BestWPTheme
    Nike Shox shoes

31. Harout says:

Hey I have a problem with the theme..the date isn’t showing up on the left side of each post it only shows 2 dots.. please help!

32. Henry C says:

this themes look great.

33. I am unable to createa new page. On my page I tried to make a separate about section, but the tab always shows the same info that shows up on the home page. I am not very good at this, lol…

34. Hey, This theme is working wonders for me. Thanks for making it free. Else I would never have it. Its worth paying a lot for it.

Cheers.

35. Elton Disney says:

I wanna thank you for the nice work.
    But what I wanna know is why this theme doesn’t work well with IE6, and you know, some times the sidebars are below the main post.
    And I do understand actually this is the problem of the foolish IE6, but if you can give us a IE6 css code so that Illacrimo can be perfect.
    Thank you so much.

36. Julien DALZON says:

Great theme I like it.

I’m always surprised that web agencies are fool enough to use your theme and remove your copyright
    violating copyrights website

Quel dommage que des agences web irrespectueuses comme Felix Creation à Annecy l’utilise sans laisser le copyright…

37. wanna buy wow mage? or want get a lvl 80 account? there is lots of wow accounts with lvl 80 rogue go http://www.4saccount.com get it

38. Hi,

i have wp themes site, can i add this theme to my theme list?

Robert – wpthemesdb.com

39. TaGicc says:

very nice , thanks!

40. Rich says:

Great theme. Every thing seems to work fine, but I simply can’t get some images in my posts to get text to wrap around them.

Some images I have centered and thats what I want. Others I want the text to rap, and spite setting Float in the image post box on the back end, they don’t.

I know this bug has to be something dumb, what’s up?

41. Marwin says:

Nice theme indeed. Just downloaded and activated it on my blog (under construction). Pardon the ignorance, but how can i change the subtitle from the standard ‘Just another WordPress weblog’. I wanted my own subtitle. Appreciate any help on this. Cheers!

42. mrloo says:

hi guys. Just installed this amazing theme that i find very neat and cool looking. But I’m having problems in showing the right sidebar, it shows underneath. And how to setup the Flickr?

Appreciate any reply.

Thanks,
    mrloo

43. Manó says:

Dear Scott!

Illacrimo is not compatibility with Syntaxhighlighter (WP plugin).

Why?

44. Felix says:

Hi everybody,

We used this great theme Illacrimo for our blog, and we noticed that your copyrights has been erased by mistake so we would like to apologize for that and now it’s fixed.

Great Job by the way, keep on rocking :)

45. Phuong says:

hey thank you so much. i love this theme!! im already using it =) but i have a question, i want on my comment page just 5 comments on a page, how can i change this?

46. Hi there.

Thank you for the template. It is very nice.

I have applied some revisions in this template for my website. I’m still working on it.

Though I have noticed the the wrapping around the photos feature is not working. Is there a way for me to have the photos wrap around the text?

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!

Rodney

47. Dave McComb says:

Love this theme! Thanks so much for the great work and free release.

For those of you looking for an image alignment fix, here is the code you need to add to the bottom of the style.css file to make it more WordPress 2.7 compatible:

/************************************************

.wp-caption {
    border: 1px solid #ddd;
    text-align: center;
    background-color: #f3f3f3;
    padding-top: 4px;
    margin: 10px;
    /* optional rounded corners for browsers that support it */
    -moz-border-radius: 3px;

font-size: 11px;
    line-height: 17px;
    padding: 0 4px 5px;
    margin: 0;
    }

48. Dave McComb says:

One other thing to add for better WordPress 2.7 compatibility: In the footer.php file, just before the tag, add this line:

There are a number of things that seem to depend on it.