Splendio WordPress Theme

Today, we are happy to present a new freebie: a beautiful theme, designed by DesignDisease which was developed for Smashing Magazine and its readers.

As usual, the theme is free to use in both private and commercial projects. The theme is based upon the Twenty Ten WordPress theme and requires WordPress 3.0 or higher to run.

Release in Free WordPress 3.1 Theme: Splendio (With PSD Sources)

Visit the demo or a large view.

The upper area contains a slider where you can place extra emphasis on your most important pages. The main area can include the content of your latest blog posts. On the right side you’ll find an overview of latest blog entries as well as the latest tweets.

The upper area of the sidebar features five latest comments. You can place any widget under it as it is defined as a dynamic sidebar. Also, right above the footer you’ll find a Flickr gallery in case you wish to showcase your latest shots. The footer itself is designed in a pronounced blue, giving it a nice contrast to the rest of the design. There you you can place your widgets such as Pages, Categories, Archives, and others. A soft upper area, a useful middle area, and a strong footer are the essence of this theme.

Download the Theme for Free!

The theme is released under GPL. You can use it for all your projects for free and without any restrictions. Please link to this article if you want to spread the word. You may modify the theme as you wish.

Behind the Design

As always, here are some insights from the designer:

“Releasing a theme on Smashing Magazine is always a challenge for us at DesignDisease. A challenge we look forward to. Splendio is a theme where we try to solve the empty space that exists around most themes with a joyful rhythm of lines and squares, complimented with a light color palette. The specialized header images complete the package, as it can be used both in a static or randomized manner.”

Thank you, DesignDisease! We sincerely appreciate your work and your good intentions.

126 responses to “Splendio WordPress Theme”

1. WPMineworks says:

2. Markus says:

Awesome Template, I write some Words about it in my Blogzine!

3. OSLiving says:

It’s a very interesting design and works well as a stand alone experiment, but it’s going to be difficult to put to any practical use in terms of modification given the extensive use of graphics. I’d love to see Design Disease tackle a minimalist, functional and adaptable design for Smashing Mag.

4. Stillmatic says:

Hello there!
    First of all, very nice template!
    I love it!

But i have on elittle problem withe the template. When i use it the blue footer section isnt shown. Must i change something in the preferences or in a file. If so please tell me where because i cant find anything!

5. very amazing n cool theme, i very interest for trying it

6. Hi,

Thank you very much for this theme! One question: How can I change the language into dutch for all the elements?

7. Tsani says:

Nice theme…

8. uki says:

wow! it will be my theme! ;]

9. I want to try download it friend. Can I?

10. Jason says:

I am getting following error

Warning: fopen(/home/content/59/7954059/html/wp-content/themes/splendio/style.css) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/59/7954059/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4284

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/content/59/7954059/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4287

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/content/59/7954059/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4290

11. Eta says:

Great template! Just a question: how do I set a featured post?

12. Nurseslabs says:

This is a great and nice theme! Very beautiful!

13. e.heesbeen says:

the slider doesnt works, please help

14. Admin says:

@e.heesbeen
    Can you please let me know your URL to find out what’s wrong?

15. adrian nash says:

It’s a very interesting design and works well as a stand alone experiment, Really excellent looking theme, plan to use Splendido theme on some sites. Great work DesignDisease! THis is very useful us. I will suggest to everyone about this DesignDisease of Logos.

Regards,
    Adrian

16. absolute7 says:

Very nice template. Excellent

17. Priyanka says:

I cannot see the slider or flickr gallery function… not sure what the problem is. Would be great to get some help!

18. Hello, love the theme but as soon as I add a post the sidebar is pushed to the bottom and the background wrapper dissappears completely (see URL above). Is it something I’m doing wrong? Or maybe its WP3.2 that is the problem? Please help. Thank you!

19. Ric says:

Thanks for a great and clean theme…but where is the documentation/install instructions? sorry I looked, but cant find.
    Thanks in Advance
    Ric

20. redmike says:

Hi! I am having problem with the, Splendio theme installed into the new version (3.2). The slider seems to be not correct. The width is overlapping the sidebar.

I try to fix it but I can’t find the source of the problem.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks,

21. redmike says:

sorry my bad, I didnt see the option. :D fixed it already!

22. Pierre says:

Hey!

Thanks for that great theme, that’s exactly what I was looking for!

I have a slight problem with the slider though, I can’t manage to see it… and I haven’t found any option or anything in the settings, how do I enable it ? I checked the box to feature the article when I wrote it, but then it doesn’t appear on my webpage, maybye I missed something?

23. AndrewFinden says:

Thanks for this really top looking theme!

2 Qs – how does one get the ‘featured post’ to work?
    – is there some way of making the images in the ‘latest post’ smaller when it’s on the front page? When they are 600 wide in individual post pages, they are great, but the ‘recent posts’ tends to run over the top on the front page..

thanks!

24. arno says:

Very nice theme!!!

I have a problem with the Featured Article. It doesn’t included very well in its part. Text go out , picture doesn’t take its place on right… there is an outline for this ”dynamic article” .

Have you an idea about this problem?
    Thanks a lot
    Arno

25. Thanks you very much for this them. it very nice and useful for me. thanks again.

26. Thanks for a great and clean theme’¦but where is the documentation/install instructions? sorry I looked, but cant find.

27. Martin says:

Thank you very much for that awesome theme. I use it on my private blog and website and wrote some credits in german (http://www.martin-trauth.org/medien/das-splendio-wordpress-theme/).

28. splendio is a very nice theme but i don’t see the botton “older” (posts); for example if i have 30 posts, in my page i can see only few posts, we say 10, and the others 20 posts?

29. This blog is very most important to us.
    _____________
    Edward

30. turvat1377 says:

Excellent template and it looks professional. Great!

31. Breaking News Online (The world is a big place and people like to stay up to date on what’s going on around them. While some people read the newspaper every morning and some like to get hourly updates on the news, some people just need the news at their fingertips. That is where the internet comes in.)

32. PSDGUY says:

Very nice theme. I am currently using this theme on one of my sites. Great work!

33. Katz says:

Beautifully coded and designed template! One of the few templates I’ve enjoyed right out of the box. I was able to quickly customize the few things I wanted to personalize….but…I did have one question.

Q. There is a large white space between the main content and the footer/Flickr stream. Which CSS class manages this margin?

Thanks!!!

34. themes very nice ……thank for sharing……

xem tu vi very good

35. Really excellent looking theme, plan to use Splendido theme on some sites. Great work DesignDisease!

36. thnx for sharing this…

37. Aditya says:

Lost the fade out hover feature. Any clues?

38. Shouvik Mukherjee says:

Fantastic theme!
    But, I wonder why on my site the page numbers are not active and how to display older entries like your evidence theme? … manually hitting the older page link displays the same page as the homepage.

But excellent theme!

39. Shouvik Mukherjee says:

Okay no problem, I did it. Thanks anyway!

40. Daniel Lemes says:

Fantastic theme, congratulations and thanks for share it! Planning to use it soon in a new project.

41. Daniel Lemes says:

I had a little problem with the search form. It was doing the search using the current url as target, instead of home page. For those with the same question:

On header.php, at the line with:

form method=”get” action=”#”

change this # for

This way, you’ll have:

form method=”get” action=”/”

42. Daniel Lemes says:

Sorry, code broken… Put the php signs opening and closing

<? php bloginfo(‘home’); ?>

43. jockovic says:

44. jockovic says:

This is a nice template and I have a question regarding the images and small icons displayed throughout the template. Do you do those images, figures, icons with a software such as photoshop or do you just get them from the internet? from like a free public image database online?
    Best Online Marketing

45. Mytho says:

Hi!

I want multiple posts on the first page. How can I manage that?
    I’ve installed the pagenavi plugin, but I’m not seeing it.

For the rest: awesome template!!

46. Mytho says:

OK, I managed to change post_per_page into what I want.
    I see no page navigation though.
    And how to get a featured post?

Thanks!

47. ntsinw says:

That is Beautifully designed template!

48. I love the tamplet. How can i download it?