Tipz Theme Released

We wanted a good strong theme that could fit a wide variety of topics for Tipz, which mainly writes how-to articles among various other topics. The front page has an easy to use ‘feature’ section so you can easily put on display your most in-depth posts. You can even slot in a nice picture and a post excerpt to accompany the headline by editing the feature-image custom field and setting the category to ‘Featured‘. We always like our rounded corners, which give the theme a simple Web 2.0 feel.

Tipz WordPress Theme

The theme is fully widgetized. A special feature of this theme as we use in many of our themes is the logo changer. You can use the default WordPress setting (‘blog name’) or you can use your own logo. Upload your logo in the root folder of Tipz theme and name it logo.png or you can use the logo.psd as a template. You will find the source in the root folder of the Tipz theme..

This work is licensed Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This means you may use it, and make any changes you like. Just leave the credits on footer if you respect the designer’s work.

Enjoy !

Update! – 02.12.2009

• Gravatar problem fixed
  • Page Navigation problem fixed

Many ask about feature image usage. Click on this screenshot and you will see how can make that image appear on featured post. For the design quality try to use a standard 150px/150px image. See how!

GreenGeeks offers you a secure place to host your website.

137 responses to “Tipz Theme Released”

1. Thorsten says:

Hi,
    Is it possible to get the png files as a template? I want to change the colors of your design. I’m very proud about your work, very very good design. It would be a pleasure for me, if could change the colors.

Thanks,
    Thorsten

2. JoeCarioca says:

Thorsten, Please explain how to fix ‘˜parse error’. I don’t understand you above explain. Where to put “php.ini”. Many many thanks

3. Frost says:

awesome theme man. but seems every post i did always shows in the featured section.

how do i show that the “Featured” only category shows in the featured section?

thanks in advance

4. techcastia says:

Absolutely great artwork, simply unique and so cool as well. Brilliant work.

5. 1. Add a custom field for the featured post by editing your featured post
    2. Use ‘feature-image’ as name for the custom field
    3. Insert a full image tag for the value who refers to the 150px thumbnail image

it’s work for me

6. Osobase says:

For all those have the ‘˜parse error’, do not change your php.ini file. Otherwise, you may end up with more problems than you already have. To solve this problem, you would need to make some changes in the header.php file. In two instances, the short tag <? is used instead of the full tag <?php . That's where the problem is from. So replace the short tag <? with <?php in the two instances and you would be fine.

Admin could also make this change in the theme so that those who use xampp on Windows will stop having this problem.

~Osobase

7. Moderator says:

8. Lalaine says:

Why there’s no reply button on comment form? pls anyone help?

9. Hi! I’m using two of yours themes on my blogs (Without noticed it before today).
    I’m trying to tweak it a bit to customize to my need and I think it will be a great idea to provide a forum on your website about yours templates.

Well, thank again to give them free

10. Mark says:

Child pages don’t show up anywhere. Shouldn’t they be visible in a menu somewhere?

Otherwise, great looking theme. Thanks.

11. Hi, to fix the header.php parse error issue just open that header.php file, at line 9 there is something that reads ‘title=”RSS .92″ href=”<?', just change it to 'title="RSS .92" href="<?php'
    Just like Osobase said

12. Very nice interface design, respect & well done job!

13. axa says:

but..your theme (designdisease.com) is very good..ilke it..

14. Sagive says:

is there any way to pick a specific post
    that would constantly display as the “featured” post ?

p.s
    You should add a “subscribe to comments” :)
    to your website.. makes life a lot easier..

15. Trying to get the same effect as the last comment… want one specific post to always be in the ‘featured’ window. Trying to figure out an easy hack for this?

Thanks!

16. HELP!!..

I know you made this for free but after days of attempts
    i need just a little bit of help….please

how can i disply specific pages?? this is the header code:
    <?php $pages = wp_list_pages('sort_column=menu_order&title_li=&echo=0');
    $pages = preg_replace('%]+)>%U’,’‘, $pages);
    $pages = str_replace(‘
    ‘,’‘, $pages);
    echo $pages; ?>

what need i change ?

17. DastanC says:

The Solve about header.php 56th line parse error. It’s not about this line. Please check the line 4 and you’ll see the twice. just change it with this “”

and then it works

18. Haron says:

hey, theme is great,
    but it doesnt show the post images on the main page..can u help me on that ??

19. tipstoaster says:

This is an awsome theme. Please update it to make it WP 3.0 compactible.

20. Hey, just looking around some blogs, seems a pretty nice platform you are using. I’m currently using WordPress for a few of my sites but looking to change one of them over to a platform similar to yours as a trial run. Anything in particular you would recommend about it?

21. Aesop says:

wow’¦ really awesome maybe my next blog i’ll use this theme
    thank you.

22. evlilik says:

Wery good jop man

23. CSS-Design says:

Really nice theme. Is it possible to use that with WP 3.0?

24. What can i say? It is a really really awesome theme!
    A good job and a great work, the only thing that i can say is,
    congratulation and greetings from bremen!!

25. Nick says:

Great Design, I like it most of the featured desings. So simple and straight forward. Respect & well done job!. Love your work and think I can use one of them for my new other blog!…..

Good job…..

26. Blog tips says:

Great Wp theme for my site, I cool colors, and images but it can be more awesome if you word on the background image.
    But in the end Thanks.

27. amulet says:

Very nice interface design, respect & well done job!

28. GrknCnplt says:

Thanks for the theme. I wish you continued success

29. Very cool theme. Keep up the good work.

30. Kang Yudhie says:

Yess…. Nice Themes.. i like it..

31. photo says:

Thanks for the theme.

32. Ahsan says:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in E:\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wp-content\themes\tipztheme\header.php on line 56

i m facing this problem. i have tried to solve it alot but not able to fix this. Plz somebody give me suggestion wht can i do.this theme is really awesome i really want it.plz help mee.. !!!!!
    ahsn_zmeer@hotmail.com….

33. VietTechBiz says:

Thanks for share this theme. i like this theme.

34. Ramiroyal says:

Very nice interface design, respect & well done job !

35. Not what I need, but great for a ‘breaking news’ kind of site. good one.

36. jr.l.pitts says:

I really do enjoy this blog. I’m an beginner blogger and just viewing the blog site to get some ideas of my own blog.

37. Was finding blog themes and ended up here.
    I hate complicated blog themes.
    Thanks!

38. Burglar says:

Thanks for the theme.

39. lockhacking says:

Great Design, I like it most of the featured desings.

40. Hey i can’t believe this theme is for free, as it’s a great one. I’ve installed it and so far so good no issue with using it. Look forward to more of these…

41. biuv says:

Nice theme. well done job Thanks!

42. clicknepal says:

It’s a beautiful theme,but why don’t you add reply comment function in it?

43. webtech says:

I saw the error for ‘Older Entries’ and i will take care of that soon. I will post an update here.

44. nepal hotels says:

45. Nice theme. well done job Thanks!

46. Thanks for the awesome theme! Love it, works perfectly with my new site. Keep up the good work!

47. learnenglish says:

Thanks for share this theme.